After bouncing some e-mails back and forth with a machinist, RS, I now uderstand that the Valved Spark Generator needs a high quality aggressive striker face that I can't produce with common hand tools and my skill level. If the project had been picked up by a manufacturer back when I had a provisional patent on it, this would have been a relatively minor investment in development, but it's not something I have the bucks to pursue on my own right now. Or rather, it's not a high enough of a priority for me. I made it work a few times, so I know the system can be made to work properly. This invention is now in the public domain, so perhaps someone else will develop it further.
My attempt to use muzzle blast as a substitute for ultrasound equipment for treatment of my "tennis" elbow was interrupted by a nasty head cold and a busy work schedule. There were times when it really seemed to help, but this is very subjective. The elbow is still bothering me. I'll be going back to the doc to see if I can try another steroid shot for it in the near future.
I've also decided that the Nambu Type 14 modernization project has gone as far as I want to take it. I'm returning the test gun to its original configuration and will address a problem it has with barrel integrity near the muzzle (caused by someone's overly aggressive use of a buffer to remove rust in that area). The main reason for suspending this project is the difficulty encountered in re-designing the lockwork to accomodate a heavy trigger return spring. Perhaps someday I'll have some fresh inspiration and return to this idea, but for now I'll set it aside. Aside from the reliability issues introduced by the heavier trigger spring, the project did produce the results I'd hoped for. And it was interesting to learn along the way that the remarkably impractical and delicate safety on the Type 14 was added after General Nambu handed the nearly completed design project over to other interests. If you look at the rapid and instinctive grip safeties of Nambu's earlier "Papa" Nambu, it's clear that the man knew how to design a more practical safety system for combat handguns.
Other projects will progress as I find the time and money, with the Ultra Small Game / Target and fin stablized low drag subsonic shotgun projectile projects at the top of my list.
More general gunsmithing projects are also updated from time to time. Most recently, I've worked through a safety issue involving Astra 400 lockwork a bit better and have a possible remedy for drop safety risk in some guns worked out fairly well now.